Camp Cook & Events Assistant
We have an exciting opportunity for a Camp Cook & Events Assistant this summer at Celtic Harmony Camp, the outdoor prehistory settlement near Hertford, SG13 8NY.
If you are hardworking and passionate about food and looking to start or progress your career in professional catering and hospitality, then this could be the job for you! This exciting new position will involve assisting the Chef provide healthy food for school residential trips and family days out and overnight stays. We serve nutritious meals made from fresh ingredients, so school children and visitors can return to their Prehistory experience refreshed and ready to go! The role also involves the maintenance of facilities including café, washrooms, Prehistory Centre and roundhouse dormitories to ensure a high quality visitor experience for families and schools.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a growing charity and enthusiastic team. You will receive a full induction programme through the charity to develop your catering skills and knowledge. If you would enjoy the buzz of working in a busy and friendly kitchen environment, are committed to delivering excellent customer service and have your own transport (Celtic Harmony Camp is in a rural location), apply today!
Experience in a similar role would be an advantage but full training will be provided for the successful candidate with potential for development. Uniform will be provided, and you will be working in a friendly team within an educational and hospitality environment. The role includes assisting the chef with food preparation, serving food, washing up and cleaning the kitchen area.
Working pattern: a 16 week summer job from 1 April to 17 July. Working from 15 to 28 hours per week on a monthly rota with some split shifts from 7am to 9pm.
Benefits to you:
- 28 days annual leave pro rata (including bank holidays)
- In-house training and charity induction
- Potential future development in charity working in the education and hospitality sectors
- Free nutritious meals
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
The ideal candidate will:
- Previous catering experience with knowledge of basic food safety and safe use of knives & kitchen equipment desirable but not essential.
- Ability to organize time and prioritise activities.
- Able to work in a pressured environment.
- Flexible and able to work as part of a team and individually.
- Reliable and punctual
- Wanting to exceed targets and progress within the charity
- Own transport as Celtic Harmony Camp is in a rural area
Location: Celtic Harmony Camp, Brickendon Hertford, SG138NY.
Remuneration: £11.44 – £12.00 per hour
Start Date: 1 April 2024
Hours: a 16 week summer job from 1 April to 17 July. Working from 16 to 40 hours per week on a monthly rota with some split shifts from 7am to 8pm.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Celtic Harmony Camp
(01438) 718 543