Stone Age Day
Stone Age Trip Activities
“Cooking: very interesting and great way to introduce new things. Foraging: Great to see parts of our science lessons! All of the activities were definitely memorable.”
Callum Syrett from Russell Lower School, March 2020
Experience life as Stone Age Hunter Gatherers for a day!
- Watch the Friction Fire lighting display
- Gather food in the forest and cook with prehistoric herbs
- Build your own woodland shelter.
- See the flint knapping demonstration, view our stone tools and hunt the mammoth!
- Become Stone Age traders, with authentic props such as skins, horns and hammer stones.
Trading has two parts:
- Part 1: your class will swap artefacts as they role play as characters and use numerical problem solving in the trading game
- Part 2: your pupils will enjoy trading, by swapping their pocket money for Celtic gold coins to trade for the more precious items in the shop
“Because Prehistory is hard for children to understand, this trip really helps bring the whole topic to life for them.” Cressida Whitfield from Roebuck Academy, September 2019
£15 / Student
Adult Helpers FREE
A full day of hands-on challenges from 10am until 2.30pm/3pm for KS2
Ratio of 1 adult helper to 8 Children
“Being outside doing hands-on activities is why we love coming here. All of the activities are great because they will remember them.”
Subscribe to Our E-Newsletter
Get your FREE 26 page Prehistory Lesson Plan with Cartoon Resources when you sign up for our E-Newsletter!
Celtic Harmony Camp
(01438) 718 543