Art in Prehistory
A creative journey through a million years of Prehistory Art. The day includes all materials and three artefacts that your pupil will making ready to take home with them.
- Introduction to the different periods of the Stone Age (Neolithic, Mesolithic and Palaeolithic) and Prehistory (Stone, Bronze and Iron)
- Visit our Palaeolithic Cave and Cave Painting Art Workshop
- Introduction on Prehistoric Pottery and “Make Your Own Bronze Age Beaker Pot” Workshop
- 2500 Years of Metal and Torc (twisted metal) Bracelet Workshop
- Trade and Barter
Trading has two parts:
- Part 1: your class will swap real artefacts as they role play as characters and use numerical problem solving in the trading game
- Part 2: your pupils will enjoy trading by swapping their pocket money for Celtic gold coins to trade for the more precious produce in the shop
“All the activities were fantastic! They were engaging and well paced, the children thoroughly enjoyed them and they learnt lots!” Russell Lower, 2022
“All activities benefitted the children. All the knowledge shared throughout was amazing alongside the hands on activities” Charlotte Maddox, Woodside, 2023
FSM Pupils Go Free! Funding confirmed up to July 2024.
100% bursary for Free School Meal pupils guaranteed in four simple steps :
1. Complete the booking form for your trip by clicking the button below
2. Download the bursary form here and email to Celtic Harmony so we can confirm your bursary
3. When Celtic Harmony invoices your school, pay for your trip
4. Once the trip has been paid for Celtic Harmony will transfer your bursary funding to the school bank account
£20 / Student
Adult Helpers FREE
A full day of hands-on challenges from 10am until 2.30pm/3pm for KS2
Ratio of 1 adult helper to 8 Children
“The practical nature of the activities was good. The best part was the guide who gave us so much detail and information on Prehistory”
Subscribe for your Prehistory Resources!
Get in touch
Get in touch with us...