Livestream Stone Age into your Classroom
Remote Learning – Stone Age Introduction
Live stream a Prehistory Person direct from Celtic Harmony Camp into your classroom for a creative hands-on workshop direct from our Palaeolithic Cave! Guided by our costumed hunter-gatherer, see the animal animal cave art including horses, deer and aurochs. Then discover how we made paint from natural mineral pigment before making your own cave art, outlines of Prehistoric animals provided.
£50 / remote learning session
The Taster Workshops cost £50/session including pre-session tel meeting and 30 minutes Bronze/Iron Age Online Taster lead by your Prehistory Host with introduction to topic, guide through activity and Q&A session.
You will receive lesson resources to support the remote learning and a list of materials that you can find in your school art cupboard.
We will arrange pre-session telephone meeting to enable us to tailor the remote learning to the needs of your pupils and to talk through how best connect to the google meet in your class. You will need the following:
- A Google account
- A smart board or a projector connected to the audio system, please ask your Tech person to set these up before the Live Streaming.
“It kick started our topic on Prehistory/Stone Age. It reignited motivation for home learning and engagement with the topic learning. It was fantastic- so informative and the children loved hearing the answers to their questions. I think meeting ‘sausage’ and seeing the stone age tools were some of the highlights for the children in school.”
Keeley Will from Tewin Cowper School
“The session was a lovely experience for them in this year where school has been quite different from normal in many ways. They were very excited to learn and interested to see the artefacts.”
Victoria Greenwood from SlipEnd Village School
We are able to offer you this unique learning opportunity completely free of charge due to the kind support of the National Lottery Heritage Fund.
How to Book
- We recommend our remote learning sessions for class sizes of up to 30 children so that a maximum of your pupils can interact with our Prehistory Host.
- Our remote learning sessions require a minimum of 15 children.
- Celtic Harmony Camp use Google Meet for our streaming service. The account and app are free to create and download.
- You will need to allow 30 minutes for the lesson.
- Please give a reachable telephone number in case there are any technical difficulties on the day of the lesson.
- We will send you a booking confirmation by email with further information on what supplies you will need.
- Materials for the activity can typically be found at your local county supply.