Livestream Prehistory into your Classroom
Remote Learning – Prehistory Experience
Our costumed educator will take your pupils on a virtual glimpse of life from the Stone to Iron Age for a 90 minute full immersion live-stream direct from Celtic Harmony Camp including 3 live primitive skills demonstrations, Q&A session and a workshop activity of your choice! Experience life as Ancient Britons
- Explore the Palaeolithic Cave to see how paints were made and animals portrayed on the cave walls
- Discover how Neolithic Hunter Gathers made tools in our Neolithic dwelling with a flint knapping demonstration
- Craft Activity of your choice linked to Stone / Bronze /Iron Age Britain.
- Watch the Friction Fire lighting display in the Chieftain Roundhouse
- Questions and Answers, during this session your pupils will have the unique opportunity to engage in a live discussion
Workshop Activity Choose a creative activity guided by our educators:
- Stone Age Cave Painting (card and chalk) or Necklace (wool, skewers and air-drying clay)
- Bronze Age Beaker Pottery (air-drying clay and skewers)
- Iron Age Shield Making including the Battersea Shield Design
“The children loved being able to ‘meet’ an expert and see artefacts from that time.”
David Wilcox from Alma Primary, Bronze Age Remote Learning Workshop
£85 / Session
The Prehistory Experience Workshop costs £85/session including pre-session tel meeting and 90 minute journey from the Stone to Iron Age lead by your Prehistory Host with introduction to topic, exciting primitive skills demos, guide through activity and Q&A session.
You will receive lesson plan to support the remote learning with objectives, resources and a list of materials that you can find in your school art cupboard. Pre-session Telephone Meeting You will offer a Free 15 minute pre-session meeting to enable us to tailor the remote learning to the needs of your pupils and to talk through how best connect to the google meet in your class. You will need the following:
- A Google account
- A smart board or a projector connected to the audio system, please ask your Tech person to set these up before the Live Streaming.
How to Book
- We recommend our remote learning sessions for class sizes of up to 30 children so that a maximum of your pupils can interact with our Prehistory Host.
- Celtic Harmony Camp use Google Meet for our streaming service. The account and app are free to create and download.
- You will need to allow 90 minutes for the lesson.
- Please give a reachable telephone number in case there are any technical difficulties on the day of the lesson.
- We will send you a booking confirmation by email with further information on what supplies you will need.
- Materials for the activity can typically be found at your local county supply.