Kickstart Events Assistant
Are you passionate about the outdoors and delivering excellent customer service?
In response to increasing youth unemployment, the Government has committed £2 billion to the Kickstart Scheme, designed to create thousands of paid 6-month work placements, and Celtic Harmony is thrilled to be part of the scheme.
The Kickstart Scheme brings 16 – 24 year olds on Universal Credit together with a job placement in a career of their choice.
You can learn skills and gain experience in a role that’s right for you and we have an exciting opportunity for you as an Events Assistant. If this role appeals to you, please discuss it with your Universal Work Coach and request a referral.
We are looking for an outgoing and adaptable person to assist with catering in our kitchen, supporting the education team, providing information to visitors and looking after Celtic Harmony Camp’s outdoor Prehistory settlement, located in Bourne Wood, Brickendon.
An award winning charity, Celtic Harmony have been providing Prehistory experiences for over twenty years, with the aim to increase understanding of the natural world and create a more sustainable way of life for future generations.
We achieve this through the Celtic Harmony day and overnight experiences, which enable people of all ages to step into Ancient Britain and experience a different way of life, via hands-on activities in our woodland setting.
Benefits to you:
- Full induction training with Celtic Harmony.
- work in a growing education charity.
- develop skills in a unique field of work combining creative and practical skills.
- follow a personal development training program.
The ideal candidate will:
- The candidate must be on the Kickstart Scheme
- Experience in dealing with the public.
- Work experience / volunteering experience for a charity is desirable.
- Enthusiastic about working outdoors.
- Adaptable personality with a can do attitude.
- Ability to work on own initiative and in a team.
- Good communication skills to build rapport with a wide variety of people and groups
- Have your own transport as Celtic Harmony Camp is in a rural location.
|Location||Celtic Harmony Camp – Brickendon, Near Hertford, Hertfordshire|
|Remuneration||National Minimum Wage (or National Living Wage depending on the age of the participant)|
|Start Date||June 2021|
|Deadline||This is an ongoing recruitment progress and we suggest you to apply as soon as possible.|
|Hours||25 Hours per Week|
|Duration||Part Time Fixed Contract|
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Celtic Harmony Camp
(01438) 718 543