Caretaker & Cleaner
If you are someone with excellent attention-to-detail, high standards and a desire to do your job to the best of your ability every day to keep the site presentable for school and family visitors then the Cleaner /Caretaker job may be the perfect job for you.
This exciting new position will involve keeping facilities at Celtic Harmony Camp clean and tidy and in good working order. The role includes cleaning our café, toilets and general maintenance e.g. minor repairs, improvements to the buildings, equipment and grounds including grass cutting and wood cutting. The post-holder will be responsible for the security of the premises and a basic knowledge of health and safety is essential.
Celtic Harmony Camp, Bourne Wood, is an outdoor prehistory settlement located near Hertford, there will be walking between facilities and the physical work of cleaning.
An award winning charity, Celtic Harmony have been providing Prehistory experiences for over twenty years, with the aim to increase understanding of the natural world and create a more sustainable way of life for future generations. We achieve this through the Celtic Harmony day and overnight experiences, which enable people of all ages to step into Ancient Britain and experience a different way of life, via hands-on activities in our woodland setting.
Benefits to you:
- Opportunity to gain experience in facilities maintenance in a growing charity
- Enable you to ‘make a difference’ and the charity to improve well-being for more children, young people and adults.
- In-house Training
- Work as part of a dynamic charity team
The ideal candidate will:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good physical fitness.
- Handy person or DIY experience.
- Proven working as a cleaner (desirable)
- Caretaking or site keeper in a similar environment (desirable)
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate a practical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to respond calmly to emergencies.
- High level of attention-to-detail
- Good numeracy and literacy
- Adaptability to change and willingness to embrace new ideas and processes
- Working knowledge of the English language
Location: Celtic Harmony Camp, Brickendon Hertford, SG138NY.
Remuneration: £20,800 gross per annum
Start Date: June/July 2022
Hours: 40 hours/week
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Celtic Harmony Camp
(01438) 718 543